Sunday, February 8, 2009

Is it Spring yet???

I woke up this morning with sunlight streaming in my windows...which made for a very good excuse to lie there and watch the shadows created on the walls. I was expecting the sunshine yesterday and was quite bummed when he didn't bother to show up - it's been nice here in Texas these last couple of days and I'm really itching to get out in the garden and start digging and planting.

I know it's much too early - we could still have some nasty weather that could kill everything. I try to be patient and not "wish" my life away...I try to enjoy and appreciate the gifts of each season - but, I don't think I'm doing a very good job today! I'm ready to feel warm breezes and smell the freshly turned earth, see the first blooms of tulips and daffodils....here the birds chirping as they go about their business of nest building....

Sorry, I would love to stay and visit - but I have to go outside and play! Here's some photos from years past to help us hang on for a little longer....




3 comments:

  1. Well, I didn't think Texas got cold ~ there are vague signs of spring here in MA ~ namely the "light" & I know when I walk my dogs the snow is melting & under the ground lies beautiful dormant buds waiting to burst out ~ alas ~ we have 5 more weeks of winter ~ Did manage to walk the dogs on the beach by my house 2x last week ~ so it is coming ~ I love your photos ~ they are soooooo creative ~ just stopping by to see you ~ will come by again ~

    Hugs and namaste,
    Carol (artmusedog)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess "cold" is a relative term - if it's below 60 here - I'm freezing - while you would probably think it's a great day! But yes, we've had low temps in the low 30's the last bit of January....

    I worked outside yesterday for 5 hours (and my body feels it today!)....but I did see lots of little sprouts coming along....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the butterfly shot - that is real neat, and the rest of the flowers do indeed bring sunshine - Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete

I love that you're here! Sit down, let's chat and have some tea...