Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Work in progress......

Back at the beginning of the year, I was reading a
lot of different spaces where people had decided not to
set new year's resolutions, but instead choose a single
word to live by for 2009. I thought it was a really cool
idea and some of the words were great ideas: bloom,
grow, etc....but as hard as I tried, I couldn't find a
word that fit....nothing I thought of seemed right...
so, I started 2009 without resolutions or inspirational
words...
Several weeks ago, I was in contemplational
(is that a real word?) mode....not really thinking about
anything in particular - just sort of off in lala land,
when I heard the Muse whisper to me....She reminded me of
a page I had done years ago in my journal with a saying
I had really connected with....I drug out the journal and
copied it down to use in a future piece...

I'm not quite through with it yet - but here's a glimpse:

When you come to the edge of all the light you have,
And must take a step into the darkness of the unknown
Believe that one of two things will happen to you:
Either there will be something solid for you to stand on
Or you will be taught how to fly
Anonymous







And then I knew I had my word to live by: Jump

2 comments:

  1. Bet you are jumping for joy that you found your word... Love this piece, it is so lovely... x I will be back to see what else you have jumped in to x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous word!! And the quote is priceless. Thank you so much for the sweet comment. Jump into spring!

    xo, Graciel

    ReplyDelete

I love that you're here! Sit down, let's chat and have some tea...