Saturday, May 2, 2009

Soul's Journey



I had the hardest time on this project...could never
really get things moving in the right direction. My
original intent for this mask was a journey a la
Alice in Wonderland, but we received some bad news this
week and my mood and outlook became much more serious.

What you can't tell from the picture is the black lines
across her face is actually part of a wire cage. And I've
written words like love, faith, courage, etc on the
"prayer flags" of her hair.

My husband has been diagnosed with thyroid cancer. From
what we've been told and read, if you had to choose a cancer,
this would be the one you would want...it seems to be very
self-contained in the thyroid and once it's removed, your good
to go...He has surgery in a couple of weeks and then we go from
there.

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

2 comments:

  1. A thousand prayers for you and your husband.

    xo, Graciel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I send you distance reiki healing energy for your husband and you and your family ~ may he experience a speedy and gentle recovery ~ hugs and namaste to you all ~ Carol (artmusedog)

    PS. You should have received an email from me with a Kreativ Blogger Award ~ I am doubly pleased that I sent it to you ~ blessings.

    ReplyDelete

I love that you're here! Sit down, let's chat and have some tea...