Saturday, August 29, 2009

Leaving Terra

Here is my latest work - Leaving Terra



Inspired by my reading of Caroline Myss' book,
Anatomy of the Spirit . Plus,
Tori Amos uses the phrase Leaving Terra in her
song, Scarlet's Walk and I like
the sound / imagery of that.

I'm taking time to study each chakra and trying to
create a piece of work to help me understand,
remove the blocks inhibiting me and grow more fully.

The Root Chakra relates to the Tribe you were born
in to, the basics of life you were / were not taught
and how you relate to all.

I've realized I have a long way to go, but isn't the
journey half the fun?

2 comments:

  1. I love this and the others you have on your site. This one has inspired me to do something similar this fall with my daycare kiddies using paper plates and leaves. They will love it!!! ...and I can't wait for the leaves to change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy ~ Your new mask is sooooooooo creative & I can see your "spirit" in the mask & also hear how much your "spirit"has come into the "light" ~ I am so happy for you and that you "dancing with the light" & creating & blogging ~ Wow! Go Girl! Hugs & namaste, Carol (artmusedog)

    ReplyDelete

I love that you're here! Sit down, let's chat and have some tea...