Wednesday, October 14, 2009

For my Brother.....



Rick Johnson
1953-2009

My brother passed away this past week. 56 yrs old. At this time,
we don't know the cause, but autopsy results should be in soon.

For the last 10 years, my brother and I have had a very rocky
relationship. At one time, he made a very bad life decision that
affected my parents badly and I let him know about it in no uncertain
terms. In addition to that, I was always felt he could do more with
his life. For whatever reason, I couldn't seem to let go of my
anger.

My brother fought demons all his life, sometimes he was victorious
and would live in peace and happiness. Other times he failed
miserably and felt it. This is something I have never been able
to understand - I guess because I'm fortunate enough to not have
to live it.

We were able to come together earlier this year. He sent me a
very sweet e-mail when my husband was battling thyroid cancer and
it helped ease the way back to a better relationship.

What does all this have to do with Wishcasting Wednesday? Jamie's
question today is what do you wish to let go of? My wish today
isn't just for me, but for all of us.


If you're holding on to anger, disappointment or negative opinions
towards someone in your life, I wish for you to let it go. This
negative energy is impeding your life - your relationships and your
own personal growth. And it doesn't solve any problems - only love
can do that.

Be at peace, my brother. I will miss you.

4 comments:

  1. As Kathy wishes for herself, so I also wish for her.

    Please also accept my love and prayers for you in the loss of your brother. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, that which you wish for, i wish for you also. hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peace, love and light to you and your family.

    As Kathy wishes for herself, so I also wish for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precious and beautiful wish, in your brother's spirit. As Kathy wishes for herself, I so wish for her as well:)

    ReplyDelete

I love that you're here! Sit down, let's chat and have some tea...