Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Pappy



Cecil Earl Yates
August 3, 1910 - October 29, 2010

I remember counting your wheat pennies every time
we came to visit.

I remember wearing your robe when I stayed with
you and Granny

I remember you always smelled like coffee or engine
grease...depending on the time of day

I remember that even as a little girl, I knew you
loved me more than anything in this world.

I remember your smile.

I remember our conversations and your advice when
my first marriage had ended and I didn't know what
to do or where to go.

And when I came to see you in August, to celebrate
your 100th birthday, I knew you still loved me
more than anything in this world.

You are the standard I judge all men by, simply
because you are the best.

I love you with all my heart and while I know you
are no longer with me here on this earth, you will
always be with me in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you're here! Sit down, let's chat and have some tea...