Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I am tired of waiting

We continue to work on our farmhouse remodel...it's going
p.a.i.n.s.t.a.k.i.n.g.l.y slow.  This causes me to become rabidly
obsessed and unwilling to do anything other than work on the house. 
No one understands how badly I need (not want.  need) to move
and get this part of my life going.

It's at times like this, that God throws in that monkey wrench designed
to make me slow down, pay attention and re-order my priorities.

When said monkey wrench arrived earlier this week, after pouting
and fuming a bit, I did realize the gift....but, I also realized that I
tend to live my life around others....waiting on their moods, their
decisions, etc.....I tend to think "someday.....when (insert whatever
here) is done, then I will be able to live this dream of farm life"

(dont think i'm all selfless and giving....i have plenty of "me" moments and get to do what i want)

I've decided that each day I will make an effort to do at least one thing
no matter how small to make my dream a reality....I will stop waiting for
someday and will do it now.  I am tired of waiting.

2 comments:

  1. I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST FOR THIS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaayyyy-men to that.

    it's hard though...i remember, i used to be very fierce and would just grab life by the...ahem..horns....and do all sorts of things. somewhere i lost my mojo and began waiting for other people...

    time to shake it up though, yes?

    rock on, warrior-girl...xo

    ReplyDelete

I love that you're here! Sit down, let's chat and have some tea...