Sunday, November 13, 2016

And so we continue on....

The five stages of grief:   denial, anger, bargaining, depression & acceptance.

I'm not sure I went through the bargaining stage, but find I am hovering
between depression and acceptance.  For the most part, I manage
to stay out of the depression stage, but it does envelope me on occasion.

I am the type of person that once I get through the shock and process
everything, I am ready to find a way to fix the issue.  And while I would
wish that this was a cut and dried problem, I realize that this could take
generations to fix.

I have accepted that he has been elected the President. (I don't think I
can utter his name...sorta like summoning the kracken, doncha' think?)
And I do pray for his success as long as that success effects every one
of us, not just a select few.

Back in 2008 when we elected Mr. Obama to the presidency, I was so
proud of my country....I naively thought we had really progressed and
that Mr. Obama was going to save us all.  

I have since learned (and heard Bernie Sanders say the same
thing) that change does not come from the top down, but from the bottom
up.   We are going to have to change our culture before we can ever
hope to change our government. 

In just reading those words, it sounds like such a daunting task, almost 
impossible to do.  However, we don't really have a choice if we want 
this planet and this human experiment to continue.  The time is now and 
failure is not an option. 

Keep your heart open my lovelies...spread your light and love.  It's the 
only thing that can save us.   

~XOXO~



2 comments:

  1. i think i'm teetering on the edge of the depression phase...with regular swings back to rage. in my more expansive moments, i dabble with bargaining, telling myself it'll be a Good Thing in the long-run.

    maybe it will, maybe it won't. i don't know. i honestly can't see it right now.

    i'd like to be uplifting and inspirational, but mostly i feel like running into my hobbit-hole and staying there. :/

    love and light to you...and so much love. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I am in the bargaining stage as well...I keep telling myself that we'll
      make it through this. I am trying to be positive and hold on to hope. I feel
      like the fear and negative energy just feeds the beast.

      I honestly don't have any clue what to do about it all...so I spend a lot of time in
      the garden talking to my plants, looking for signs about how to move forward.


      Thank you for being here.

      Delete

I love that you're here! Sit down, let's chat and have some tea...