Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Today's the day!


I would like to think that tomorrow morning we wake up, the sun is shining, birds are singing
and all is well in the neighborhood.   However, I know that's not going to be the case.

Several months ago, I deactivated my Facebook account....I just couldn't stand the negative energy
resonating from that space any more.  But, on occasion I still receive emails that somebody has
updated something or other on their page.  I decided to go back in and try one more time to get
rid of the beast and sure enough, the first post I saw was someone already complaining that if
Hillary is to win, our country will be taken over my illegal immigrants and the assorted riff-raff
(you know, the non-white / non-male type) by tomorrow no doubt.

I think what irritates me the most about this kind of blather, besides the fact that it is so very
blatantly racist /sexist, etc is that all those people want to do is bitch about it, but they are not
willing to do anything to make it better.  They are not willing to listen to anybody else to try to
see the other side.

Yesterday, I was reading online thoughts from those in other countries about our election and how
it effects them as well.   This just reaffirmed my beliefs that we are all connected and have to take
care of each other.   So, thank you everyone for your prayers and thoughts and good vibes sent
our way.   We are going to need it.

2 comments:

  1. i think the media has much to answer for in terms of winding people up -- depending upon sensationalist sound bytes rather than level-headed analysis. *sigh* i've been avoiding EVERYTHING for weeks...i just don't have the nerves for it. :(

    you're right, though -- what happens to one, happens to all and we'd do well to remember that when we're pretending it doesn't apply to us.

    i wish peace and tolerance for us all. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the media 100%! I gave up on them as well this past year...I will just flip through the morning headlines to make sure the world hasn't blown up on us.

      I do hold out hope that all this chaos and negativity is a process we have to go through in order to heal and evolve as humans. That way, at least, I feel there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

      hugs to you all...

      Delete

I love that you're here! Sit down, let's chat and have some tea...